Saturday, August 26, 2006

Inbox Syndrome (updated)

The one big problem with going on vacation is coming back. This gets worse when you're in management: all of the people who depend on you to make decisions, who will not have certain meetings without you present, take the matters that require your input and defer them until you get back. So, you walk into the office on Monday morning and get slammed.

That was my week this past week - a hectic week of running from meeting to meeting, returning phone calls, answering the hundreds of emails that had piled up during my absence, and working ridiculously long hours to get caught up.

Unfortunately this didn't leave much time for blogging. I'm working on catching up on that now... ;)

Update

First it was inbox syndrome, now it's "Major Project Go-Live Syndrome". There is a major project going live in two weeks, and another one going live at the end of September. I am the project manager for both, so I haven't had much time to blog over the last week or so. You can look for a new post from me in the next three days.