Sunday, April 16, 2006

On the lighter side...

Seeing as today is Easter, I thought I'd toss in something a bit funny, courtesy of some bonehead working at my local grocery store in New York a few weeks ago.

Can anyone spot what's wrong with this picture?



Let's have a closer look. We have "Al Safa Halal - The Name you can Trust" on the outside of the cooler. Let's have a closer look at what's inside the cooler...



Ham. Hmm... what an interesting marketing concept these Al-Safa guys have... halal ham. I wonder what they'll come up with next.... halal bacon, or maybe halal beer, or maybe they can even tap the Jewish market and start selling kosher lard or perhaps kosher cheeseburgers.

Of course, if the folks at al-Safa knew the name of my grocery store, I expect they'd try to add a few more dishes to their menu, perhaps "flame broiled store manager", or possibly "deep fired stockboy."